1.Acquisition of Personal Information
The Company will use fair and proper means to acquire personal information, clearly specifying the purpose of use of such information in advance.
2.Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The Company will use personal information only within the scope of the purpose of its use.
3.Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
The Company will never provide a third party with any of your personal data unless we obtain your prior consent or unless such provision is permitted under applicable laws or governmental regulations. Further, when we outsource the handling of personal data to a third party contractor, we will do so only after conducting a prior investigation of such contractor and executing an agreement that is necessary for proper management and supervision of such contractor, and will take the measures necessary for compliance with the applicable laws and regulations.
4.Security Management of Personal Data
We take the necessary security measures to prevent loss, destruction, modification, and leakage of personal data. We appoint a personal data protection manager and implement appropriate management of personal data, providing all our employees with training in the protection and appropriate management methods of personal data. We thereby realize thorough implementation of appropriate treatment of personal data in our businesses.
Enacted: April 1, 2019
Handling of Personal Information
1.Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The Company will use personal information which we have acquired in operating the business activities specified in item (1) below, for the purposes specified in item (2) below.
(1) Manufacturing and marketing, and purchasing and sale of sanitary products, medical supplies, drugs, personal care products, baby care products and clothing, etc.、
(2) Purposes of Use
[of personal information of customers of the Company]
- To exercise rights or perform obligations of the Company under any agreement related to the Company’s services or under applicable laws and regulations;
- To perform the procedures of the Company properly and smoothly;
- To provide goods and services which are sold and provided by the Company;
- To carry out proper and smooth transactions with the customers, such as by giving notices and sending greeting letters included in the procedures for transactions;
- To give notifications, make surveys, collect and analyze data, and conduct research and development concerning goods, services, and so forth in relation to various businesses of the Company;
- To announce business meetings, seminars, exhibitions, recitals and workshops, etc. to be held (hosted, co-hosted, co-sponsored, supported) by the Company
- To properly and smoothly perform all or a part of the processing of personal information, that is entrusted to the Company by any other business operator;
- To reply to inquiries, requests and complaints; and
- To respond to applications for prizes and to reply to questionnaires posted on the Company’s WEB site
[of personal information of shareholders of the Company]
- To exercise rights or perform obligations of the Company under the Companies Act of Japan;
- To provide the shareholders of the Company with special treatment of various kinds in respect of their status as shareholders of the Company;
- To take various measures to smoothen the Company’s relationship with the shareholders; and
- To conduct management of shareholders of the Company, such as preparing data on shareholders in accordance with specific standards based on the applicable laws and regulations.
[of personal information of the employees, prospective employees and former employees of the Company]
- To conduct selection of new employees;
- To conduct management of employees; and
- To provide information and give notices to former employees.
2.Provision of Personal Data to Third Party
The Company will never provide the acquired personal data to a third party except under the following situations:
- When the Company obtains prior consent of the individual concerned;
- When such provision is required by law or governmental regulation.
- When such provision is necessary for protection of life, body or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain prior consent of the individual concerned;
- When such provision is necessary specifically for promoting enhancement of public health and sanitation or sound upbringing of children and it is difficult to obtain prior consent of the individual concerned;
- When the Company is required to cooperate with any national government institution or local public institution, or any person entrusted by said institution, in performing an operation prescribed by laws and regulations, and such performance of affairs may be hindered if prior consent of the individual concerned is obtained;
- When the Company has entrusted a party with performance of services, and provides the party with personal information only to the extent necessary; and
- When the Company provides it to an outsourcer within the scope of the purpose of use;
- When the Company provides personal information as a result of the transfer of businesses to another firm due to merger, consolidation and so forth.
3.Joint Use of Personal Information
The Company and its Group Companies (meaning the Company’s consolidated parent company, consolidated subsidiaries and companies accounted for by the equity method, of which those stated on the Company’s WEB site; the same shall apply hereinafter) will, for providing comprehensive services, jointly use the acquired personal information in some cases as follows.
Scope of parties jointly using the information:
The Company and its Group Companies
Items of personal data to be used jointly:
Name, address, telephone number, FAX number, e-mail address, birth date, age, gender, transaction history, content of inquiries and requests, and other information provided by the individual concerned
Purpose of use by the joint users:
Limited to the same scope as the purpose of use set forth in 1 above
Party responsible for the management of personal information to be used jointly:
Regarding procedures for disclosure, correction and the like of the retained personal data
If the Company is requested by the principal or his/her agent to disclose, notify the purpose of use, correct, add to, delete, cease to use, eliminate or suspend the provision to a third party of (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Disclosure, etc.”) the retained personal data concerning the principal, respond thereto at the Company’s point of contact set forth in “5. Regarding contact for inquires on personal information”.
Actual cost may be charged separately in some cases.
Regarding contact for inquires on personal information
For an inquiry for consultations and complaints, etc. related to the handling of personal information by the Company and a request for Disclosure, etc. of the retained personal data, please contact e-mail address stated below:
Personal Information Protection Management Office, General Affairs Department, Kawamoto Corporation
Reception hours: 10:00AM – 17:00PM (except on Saturdays and Sundays, national holidays and the Company’s summer holidays and year-end and new-year holidays)